Oshkosh Public Library Board of Trustees
Agenda – November 21, 2013
Library Lower Level Meeting Room, 106 Washington Avenue
Call to Order 4:00 p.m.
Consent Agenda (Action required)
(All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time the Board votes. Items removed from the consent agenda will be considered under New Business)
1. Minutes of the regular meeting of October 31, 2013 
2. Regular funds vouchers payable totaling $ 287,376.70
3. Capital improvements funds vouchers payable totaling $4,762.20
4. Special funds vouchers payable totaling $ 1,590.49
4. Schedule of 2014 meetings of the Oshkosh Public Library Board of Trustees. (Exhibit A.) ( Action required)
5. Personnel policy – Rescind Employee handbook Section 109.2. Longevity Pay. (Exhibit B.) L ongevity pay eliminated from the 2013 budget. I recommend removing reference to it from the employee handbook. (Action required)
6. Tabled motion from previous meeting – A motion, regarding the Finance Committee’s charge and other matters, as reproduced in the minutes to the October 31, 2013 regular meeting, was tabled. It is included on this agenda to allow further discussion. (Action not required)
7. Library bylaws – Consideration of suggested changes to the bylaws pertaining to the Board’s Finance Committee was tabled until this meeting. Exhibit C. contains two changes that I recommend to the board. These changes 1) provide for election of a committee chairperson; and 2) clarify that the committee may guide the Library Director on any library financial matter that the Board – as a whole – requires. I remind the board that bylaws are meant to provide a general framework of governance for the board and the library, and that they are made purposefully difficult to amend. Restraint is advised. (Action prohibited until next meeting)
Information – October 2013 (Action not required)
8. Revenues 
9. Expenditures 
10. Library highlights 
11. Monthly statistics 
12. Donations 
13. Personnel changes 
14. Correspondence 
Library Director’s Report (Action not required)
15. 2014 budget process update.
Workshop (No action required)
Workshop on public library board governance in Wisconsin – Presenter: Mark Arend, Assistant Director, Winnefox Library System.
Library Board Discussion, Direction to Library Director & Future Agenda Items
16. Request for self-evaluation of Library Board’s performance.
17. Request for mid-year performance evaluation of the Library Director.
18. Request for a workshop on the 2015 library budget process.
Trustee Reports, Comments
Next meeting December 19, 2013, 4:00 p.m.