We're excited to begin Phase 1 of a multi-phased approach to the return of library services. Although this is a small step, it brings us closer to an eventual return to full in-library services. Thank you for your continued patience as we move through each phase.
Phase 1 was developed with the health and safety of employees as our number one concern. County and regional public health data along with CDC guidelines continue to guide the library's decision-making process.
- Oshkosh Public Library is now open for one-hour appointments (per person/per day) for in-library computer use.
Priority will be given to patrons who are working to recover from the economic impact of COVID-19 - including such activities as job searches, filing for unemployment or other assistance and seeking business grants and loans.
- Free in-library printing, faxing, photocopying, device charging and notary service will also be offered by appointment. During Phase 1, library materials are only available through curbside pickup.
To reserve an appointment, please contact us:
- Phone 920-236-5205 or 920-236-5203
- Online Use our convenient new online scheduling tool here
- Email Reference@oshkoshpubliclibrary.org
- Text 920-315-8838
- Chat Chat service is available by using the chat box in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- How to use curbside service
- Get a free library card
Please share this information with anyone you know who does not have online access.
What you can expect during PHASE 1
Appointment only - At the time of your appointment, a staff member will greet you at the library's main entrance and accompany you to the Second Floor computer stations. Computers have been relocated to accommodate physical distancing. Only 10 people (including staff) are allowed in the area at a time.
Hand Sanitizer - Please use the hand sanitizer provided both before and after your appointment. Computer stations are sanitized between each use.
Physical distancing - Maintain six feet or more between you and others.
Masks - Masks are required.
Computer use - A limited number of computers are available and have been moved to accommodate physical distancing. Staff will provide contactless computer assistance. Appointments are limited to one hour per person, per day.
Book Drops - Return materials to the outside book drops on Mount Vernon Street. Staff can't accept returns.
Fines - Fines are not being charged at this time.
Business Center Services - Free printing, faxing, photocopying, device charging and notary service are available by appointment.
WiFi - A public WiFi signal is available in the parking lot. Please maintain physical distancing.
Wireless Printing - Email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prints are mailed to you or are picked up curbside by appointment. There is no charge.
Curbside Pickup - No browsing in the building during Phase 1. Curbside Pickup is available for no contact delivery of requested materials.
On weekdays, the first two hours of the day are reserved for senior citizens and those who are especially vulnerable to infection.
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- Oshkosh Area United Way
Resource & Referral Hotline available 24/7 (Dial 211)
Monthly Collection Drives
- Winnebago County Human Services
- ACCESS – Apply for and manage your state of Wisconsin benefits and programs
- Department of Workforce Development
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin
- Register to vote
- Fill out the 2020 Census
- Volunteer Oshkosh