Did you know?
- Kids who read four or more books during the summer score better on reading comprehension tests in the fall than peers who read one or no books.
- More than 90 percent of kids say they are more likely to finish a book they picked out themselves, with 86 percent saying they felt proud when finished.
Reading offers benefits for adults too!
- Research shows that reading for just six minutes can reduce stress by 68 percent! (Source: University of Sussex)
- Reading improves focus and concentration.
- A reading habit expands your general knowledge and can boost empathy.
Source: World Literacy Foundation