Oshkosh Public Library Board of Trustees
Agenda – June 30, 2016
Library Lower Level Meeting Room, 106 Washington Avenue
AGENDA ACTION PAGE
Call to Order: 4:00 p.m.
Welcome new trustee Kristy Bradish; introductions.
Consent Agenda: YES 157-176
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting of May 26, 2016
2. Regular Vouchers Payable $228,907.39
3. Special Fund Vouchers Payable $35,037.55
4. Position descriptions: Circulation Supervisor; First Floor Public
Services Librarian; Page – Technical Services; Technical Services Librarian.
5. 2017 Library Budget Process – Projected budget preparation calendars NO 177-178
for the library and the city are included for discussion.
6. Collection Development Policy – A concise policy is proposed to replace the YES 179-189
“Materials Selection Policy” now in place, most of which was written in 1963
by Director Leonard Archer. If approved, the new policy will be a much more
effective tool for communicating with library patrons.
7. Floating Holidays – Proposed revision to wording of Employee Handbook Section YES 190
208(5) to achieve greater clarity as to calculating and crediting this leave for regular
8. Trust Fund Proposal – I recommend spending up to an additional $7,000 of YES 191
Collection Improvement Trust funds on developing the Classics collection.
Informational Items NO 192-204
11. Library Highlights
12. Monthly Statistics
14. Personnel Changes
15. OPL Strategic Plan Project Update – June 2016
16. Public Library System Redesign Project Report
Library Director’s Report NO
17. Building envelope capital project – Facility Engineering, Inc. consulting costs.
Trustee Reports and Comments NO
Next Meeting Scheduled
July 28, 2016 at 4 p.m.