Do you need to up your technology game but don’t have the right tools to do it? Drop in and use our Tech Lab. Check the event calendar for upcoming open lab times.
Public Internet computers and free Wi-Fi are staples in most libraries. But we’re moving beyond the hardware and basic connectivity to offer the community a chance to learn, explore and create with technology. To do this, we have programs that allow people to see technology in action and use the tools in our Technology Lab to support their educational, professional and personal activities.
Open Tech Labs:
Mon., Sept 2 3 to 6 p.m.
Fri., Sept. 13 1 to 4 p.m.
Thurs., Sept. 19 1 to 4 p.m.
Mon., Sept. 23 5 to 7 p.m.
Fri. Sept. 27 3 to 6 p.m.
Mon., Oct. 7 3 to 6 p.m.
Fri., Oct. 11 1 to 4 p.m.
Thurs., Oct. 17 1 to 4 p.m.
Fri., Oct 25 3 to 6 p.m.
Mon., Oct. 28 5 to 7 p.m.
Fri., Nov. 1 1 to 4 p.m.
Fri., Nov. 8 3 to 6 p.m.
What does this mean to you?
- You need posters, ads, Facebook graphics or brochures at work or at the non-profit agency where you volunteer. There’s no graphic designer in the house and all eyes turn toward you. Start building the skills you need with Adobe Creative Suite at the library.
- While cleaning out your grandmother’s basement, you find a treasure trove of old family photos in deteriorating albums. Save those cherished memories by scanning them to a disk, flash drive or other storage device at the library.
- You’re a student, a non-profit or a teacher looking for new ways to present a project, tell your story, or inspire creativity. Use camera/video equipment and tap into software including ReadyAnimator, iMovie, or Audacity, at the library.
- The time to make your mark on the digital world is here. Create your own signature sound with GarageBand or bring your dream podcast to life with recording equipment at the library.
- All the buzz about STEAM education and careers has you thinking about what you need to learn to get ahead. Dip your toe into coding with Scratch, or experiment with our 3D printer.
In addition to Tech Open Lab, the library offers Techy Tuesdays for teens & adults and Maker Mondays for children & families once each month. These sessions highlight technology including our 3D printer and software demonstrations. See our full schedule of Tech Lab activities.
Lower Level Tech Lab