Creature Carnival Contest 2023
Rules and details
Submit your entries Sept. 29 - Oct. 24 | Judging Oct. 25 | Winners announced Oct. 26 | Ages 2-18
When you hear the word creature, what comes to mind? We would love to see it! Create an original creature inspired by your imagination. Judges will award bonus points for entries with a creature’s name and a brief description.
Special thanks to HobbyTown Oshkosh for donating gift cards for first and second place contest winners.
All participants will receive a small goodie bag to take home.
Creature Carnival: Drop-in & Create
FRI | Sept. 22 | 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | Ages 2-18 | Lower Level
FRI | Sept. 29 | 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. | Ages 2-18 | Lower Level
Get crafty with other young creators during a drop-in session and leave the cleanup to us. We’ll have all the free supplies; you bring the inspiration! Drop-in sessions are not required to submit an entry.
Rules & Details
- Ages 2 - 18
- Submit your creation at the Children’s Desk Sept. 29 – Oct. 24
- Judging Oct. 25
- Winners notified Oct. 26
- Attach your child’s name, phone number and age to their submission.
- Your creature should be free-standing and no larger than than 24”W x 12”D.
- Use any materials you want!
- Prizes awarded in these categories:
Scariest, Most Intricate, Most Original, Beautiful, Funniest, Creepiest, People’s Choice
- One winner will be chosen from each age category: (2 – 4) (5 – 7) (8 – 10) (11-13) (14 – 18)
- Bonus points will be awarded for creature names and short descriptions included with your submission.