Apply for a library card either online or at the First Floor Public Service Desk. Call (920) 236-5203 for more information.
Who can apply?
- A library card is available to all ages.
- Children under the age of 18 may apply for a library card in person or a parent may apply for them.
What do I need to apply?
One piece of identification with your name and address is required to activate your card. Any of the following are accepted:
- Driver's license
- Wisconsin state ID
- Student ID from an educational institution
- Printed check, utility bill or postmarked envelope.
Hunting and fishing licenses are NOT acceptable.
- Your first library card is free. Replacements are $1 for adults; 50 cents for children.
- Special arrangements can be made to obtain cards for people with disabilities who cannot come to the library and for school groups getting cards as part of a tour. Call 236-5203.
- You can borrow items from any of the 30 libraries in the Winnefox Library System with an Oshkosh Public Library card. You are responsible for all items checked out on your card until it is reported lost or stolen.
- The library reserves the right to determine and limit each borrower's library privileges.
- A valid library card also allows you to renew and place holds on books and other items online, log on to computers at the library and use the library's online resources from anywhere.
How to apply in person: Fill out an application at the library's First Floor Customer Service Desk at 106 Washington Avenue.
How to apply online: Apply for a library card online (Must be 16 years of age.)
How do I renew my card? We ask that you renew your library card every 16 months. We update your address and email. This ensures that you receive notices about due dates for materials, holds you have placed and other information about your library account.
Patrons who sign up for email (at the library or call 236-5203) or text notices will receive a notice approximately two weeks before the card is set to expire. The expiration date for your card is listed under Your Account on our website.
Your library card may be renewed:
- In person at the library.
- By telephone at (920) 236-5203.
- At oshkoshpubliclibrary.org. Shortly before and after your card expires, you will have the option to renew your card online. Log into Your Account and look for the button in the status box on the right-hand side of the page. If your personal information has not changed, click on the button to renew your card. If you need to change your address or other information, please visit the library or call (920) 236-5203 to renew.
E-mail or text notices: Add your e-mail address to Your Account to receive notices when items are due, when holds are ready for pickup and when your card needs to be renewed. It's also easy to receive text notifications from the library. Keep up-to-date with your library account on your mobile phone using the library’s Shoutbomb text messaging service. Get texts when items are due, holds are ready to pick up and more. Sign up today!