The library has several meeting rooms that are used for library programs, meetings and events. We understand that the library is a desireable place for individuals and groups to gather in the Oshkosh community, so we also make our meeting rooms available to the public at times that they are not in use by the library.
The library's meeting rooms include:
- Meeting Room A (lower level)
- Meeting Room B (lower level)
- Conference Room (lower level)
- Great Hall (Waters Building, under the Dome)
Meeting rooms are only available for public use during hours that the library is open and must end at least 30 minutes before the library closes.
Making a reservation
To reserve a meeting room, visit the library's Administrative Office, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fill out an application and make payment. Only staff in the Administrative Office are authorized to schedule meetings in these rooms.
One hour minimum rental is required. The fee structure is as follows:
First hour - $15 per room ($30.00 if Rooms A & B are booked together)
Each additional half hour - $5.00 per room
Great Hall - $300 per hour, one-hour minimum
- Exceeding scheduled time of event: $150 per 30 minutes.
- Setup that exceeds one hour of library staff time: $25 per 30 minutes.
- $100 non-refundable deposit required.
Sale of Products or Services
Events involving the sale, advertising, solicitation or promotion of commercial products or services are prohibited. Only library sponsored meetings or programs may involve sale of items, fund raising activities, or solicitation of donations.
Priority and Bumping
Library use of the meeting rooms will be given first priority. The library reserves the right to cancel a reservation by the general public with one month’s notice whenever the room is needed for library purposes. If the library cancels a reservation by the general public, an attempt will be made to find an alternate location in the library for that meeting.
The library's Administrative Office must be notified at least two full business days in advance if any event or use is canceled. Lack of notification will result in payment of fees for that meetings(s). In the event of inclement weather, fees will be refunded only if the library closes.
Refer to the Meeting Room Application Form (available at the library's Administrative Office) for a list of available equipment.
Room capacity is determined by the number of people attending and the seating arrangement desired. Refer to the following diagrams to determine room capacity for your meeting:
No telephone land lines are available in the library, although wireless internet access is available.
The parking lot adjacent to the Library is the property of the City of Oshkosh. Parking is free.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Smoking or use of tobacco products is not permitted.
- Events which may interfere with the regular operation of the library are prohibited.
- Any breakage or damage to the library building or property shall be paid for by the organization using the facility.
The person reserving the meeting room will be held accountable.
- The meeting rooms must be left in a neat and orderly condition.
- Storage of supplies or equipment belonging to users of the rooms is not permitted.
- Nothing may be attached to walls, ceilings, doors or furniture of any of the rooms.
- Attendance at meetings may not exceed the posted room capacities.
- Food and drink is allowed. No cooking.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in termination of the violator’s meeting room privileges.
The Library assumes no responsibility or liability for accidents, injury, or loss of individual property in the Oshkosh Public Library. The fact that a group is permitted to use a library meeting room does not in any way constitute endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs by the Library. In any public announcement, the user may not use the library’s name in such a way that it may be inferred that the library is the host or sponsor of the scheduled meeting.
Written By: Julie Schmude
Approved By: Library Board